About Me

My photo
I have the most wonderful Husband who has been my best friend since I was a sophomore in high school. So incredibly blessed to be his wife. God has given us three beautiful children. Nella Grace, Knox Michael, and Crew Matthew. God is good and I am thankful for all He has provided for us!

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 31

Hi there
This past Wednesday, Matt and I had our second home study. We met with Heather, our social worker, and she asked questions about our childhood and our relationships with parents and siblings. Matt went first and had to answer questions about where he grew up, how his parents disciplined, what he liked about school, what his family enjoyed doing when he was younger, high school, college, and his job. He was also asked to describe his relationships with his parents and brother. I went after Matt and had to answer the same questions. It really went awesome! We scheduled our last and final home study! YEAHH! It will be on Thursday and she will come to our home. She will go through each room and be sure our home is safe. Then we will discuss Matt and I's marriage and our thoughts on children. We have completed our long list of items to gather and we are just waiting on our physicals and blood work to be completed. I have been working on our scrapbook like crazy and I will post pictures of it later! We are so excited to have our last home study because that means we are ready for a birth mom to select us. It is so exciting and nerve wrecking to think we will be parents soon and we really don't know when! Matt and I were talking last night before we went to bed and we just feel going through the adoption process has felt very natural and right. We honestly know this is what we are suppose to be doing it, because we feel complete happiness and peace in each step. I hope it continues this way as we go through the rest of our journey. I cannot WAIT to be a MOM!!:)

1 comments:

ashley said...

hey matt and janelle! i just found your blog through facebook. just wanted to say good luck with your adoption! :)