About Me

My photo
I have the most wonderful Husband who has been my best friend since I was a sophomore in high school. So incredibly blessed to be his wife. God has given us three beautiful children. Nella Grace, Knox Michael, and Crew Matthew. God is good and I am thankful for all He has provided for us!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

For this is the one we have waited for.....





I have waited to write this post because I knew it would be SO emotional......well here goes! As a little girl, I dreamed about becoming a mom. I was the little girl who constantly wanted to play house, took my baby dolls to the grocery store, and always wanted to hold the babies in my family. I loved babysitting. I loved being with kids! I dreamed of being a mom of having a little one who needed me or I could love with all my heart......Nella Grace is EVEN MORE THAN I COULD HAVE EVER DREAMED. Being her mom is the most amazing gift God could have ever given me. I have no idea why he chose me to be her mom....but we are SO SO SO blessed....God is so good! He is amazing!!!

I feel like I am in a dream every day of my life. I want more and more time with her! I feel like any minute I will wake up and she will be gone! I cannot believe she is REALLY here! She is our girl! She is the most beautiful little girl. She melts me every second of every day! I am so in love with her! I have never felt this way!

She is seven weeks old now... She has started to smile which melts me. My momma heart becomes complete mush when I see that little girl. She has started to make little sounds and it always leaves me wanting more. I want to hear it again! I want to see her lips push out that sound. She is constantly wanting to hold her head up and look around. She has beautiful brown eyes. I feel like she is trying to take everything in all the time. She wants to learn about her world and her life. She loves baths and smiles so much during them. She will even fall asleep.

My favorite time with her is on the changing table. She gets completely still and just looks up at me with her beautiful eyes. We stop and stare and look at each other. Like we are trying to tell each other a big secret. Then she will do this huge grin and I just want to take it all in. Every little moment. I want to remember. I swear I feel my heart grow more and more every day! Just looking at her I melt! Really you are ours. God chose us for you!

I feel like Matt and I have a HUGE responsibility. We are not only raising her for God and ourselves, but for her birth mom. I want Nella to know how loved she is! She has so MUCH love in her life....not only from her momma angel (birth momma) and us but all our family and friends. I cannot tell you how much it means to me to watch those around her with our girl! They MELT! It is not just me!!! I love to watch people hold her and talk to her! I love to watch their faces light up with happiness.....what a joy she is! A blessing for not only us, her momma angel, but everyone in our life! I am in awe!

I am loving being her momma! Being a mom, is so much more rewarding than I could have ever dreamed! She is angel sent from heaven truly! I feel like I am on cloud 9 every single day of my life! Thank you God for loving us, momma angel, and her so much!!! Thank you for bringing us together!!!

Love you all,

The Spencer family

Matt, Janelle, and Miss Nella

2 comments:

Katy said...

Your words brought tears to my eyes! I feel blessed to have seen and been a part of this miracle happening in your lives.
katy

Court and Em said...

Janelle,

I loved reading this post, and I am so thankful that the Lord allowed us to play a small part in your adoption journey! Nella is beautiful and I am so excited to see Gods plans for her and for your family!

Courtney