About Me

My photo
I have the most wonderful Husband who has been my best friend since I was a sophomore in high school. So incredibly blessed to be his wife. God has given us three beautiful children. Nella Grace, Knox Michael, and Crew Matthew. God is good and I am thankful for all He has provided for us!

Friday, July 23, 2010

3 AM

Nella has only been getting up once in the night and it is for her 3 AM feeding....to tell you the truth I love the 3 AM feeding....I love that time with her. It remind me of how little she still is.....I love the snuggle time with her.
She drinks her little bottle and then we snuggle. We snuggle in the darkness and quiet. It is different than during the day when it is so bright and busy. Where I feel like I have a million things to do, but I just want to sit with her and sing and talk. But at night we just sit there in the darkness and rock. I love the time. I could put her down right away, but I just savor this moment with her. It is crazy to think in 10 months she will be busy and all over the place and we probably won't have this snuggle time. There in the darkness, I think (dream) of what our lives will be like together. I think Mothers and daughters have a special bond and I am so excited about what our relationship will be like. I think about tea parties, dress up days, Mommy and Nella dates, and make believe play. I dream about girl talk and her having her first boy crisis. I hope she trusts me enough to turn to me and want a mom's opinion. I know there will be days when I will not be her favorite person. I think about those too. I think about sweet sixteen party, her first date, prom dress shopping, senior pictures.....I am so excited about this season of my life.....but for now we just snuggle and I smell her sweet little baby smell.....and enjoy the moment of the 3 AM feeding.....
These pictures are from her newborn photo shoot.....they melt me and especially the last one....I think it describes how we all feel....amazingly blessed and SO in LOVE with each other!!!!!
God is so GOOD!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Emily Doss said...

Just ran across your blog from the Faithful Adoption Consultant blog. So glad that you have your sweet baby. We are so enjoying life with our new baby too. Congrats!

Court and Em said...

Janelle- I love to read your posts! It makes me stop and think how fast my kiddos are growing up, and how I should slow down and savor every moment as well!! Thanks for the reminder! Love the pictures!!!

PS: I saw Emily Doss posted, you guys are practically neighbors and should meet up sometime, her little Manny is one handsome guy...

Courtney