About Me

My photo
I have the most wonderful Husband who has been my best friend since I was a sophomore in high school. So incredibly blessed to be his wife. God has given us three beautiful children. Nella Grace, Knox Michael, and Crew Matthew. God is good and I am thankful for all He has provided for us!

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day 1 Officially

Hi all! Today is the first time I can say we are officially on Day 1. Tonight we had our adoption meeting at Kids First. We were so nervous and excited about getting there. We met in a conference room with other couples looking to adopt. It was an informational meeting where she explained the process to us. It was really scary and nerve wrecking and by the end of the meeting, Matt and I were overwhelmed and nervous about the finances of it. Something in my heart told me to stay after and I am really glad we did. We talked with Inna..she is adorable and is the director. She really made me feel at peace again, excited, not so overwhelmed. The whole time she was talking with us, I felt like she was an old friend and I knew God will somehow provide. We are taking a huge leap of faith and hope, but I know in my heart this is where we are suppose to be. Getting in the car, we felt like a new couple! We both looked at each other and said we are going to be parents. WOW! SO exciting! We prayed to God to help us with this process, send us a birth mom, and help us financially. To say that Matt and I are excited would be an understatement...we are so happy to be parents and cannot wait to meet our little one! So in other words...it was wonderful! We are starting our journey today, and she will be calling us tomorrow to set up a home study! Better get cracking on that scrapbook. She gave me lots of good ideas about that too.

Oh also, now you can add comments thanks to Eric Troyer! Thanks Eric! :)

2 comments:

Matt & Natalie Troyer said...

We are so excited for you guys! You will be awesome parents and we can wait for Link to have a best friend so close by!

sararenee said...

I'm SO excited for you two!