About Me

My photo
I have the most wonderful Husband who has been my best friend since I was a sophomore in high school. So incredibly blessed to be his wife. God has given us three beautiful children. Nella Grace, Knox Michael, and Crew Matthew. God is good and I am thankful for all He has provided for us!

Monday, July 11, 2011

Happy 5 years

Matt and I have been officially been married 5 years. We have been together 11 years. I am more in love with him today than I am the day I met that handsome green eyed boy sitting in my Trig 2 class. I remember that day that I was thanking God that may last name started with a T and his started with a S, so I could sit by him since we had to sit in alphabetical order. I remember thinking how was I going to get him to pay attention to me....so I would curiously ask him what answer he got the math problem or ask him about the baseball game....to just try to get him to smile at me....and 11 years later...we are more in love than ever.

In these past 5 years together...I have a learned a lot about Matt. He is so reliable and when you ask him to do something, he will do it perfectly. He likes his laundry a certain way and usually does his laundry on the same day...makes me giggle everytime!!!! He can make me smile and laugh until my stomach hurts because he is just goofy and I love it!!! He is what I call the heater...I love it because I am always cold and so I love snuggling up to him and being warm! He has a huge heart and will help out anyone who may need it. Matt will always tell you the truth. He doesn't skate around it or try to make you feel better...he just tells it...which I have grown to love..sometimes I would like some skating....He likes to be on time...it drives him nuts that I tend to be late...but we have worked on it ;) He adores his family and he will do anything for us! Especially his girl Nella!


We have learned a lot through our years...and I know we have SO much more to learn...but we have had our share of ups and downs with infertility issues and adoption expenses and taking in God's plan and trying to roll with it...which neither of us do well....when I look back on the past year and half...its been our best! The anticipation of our child coming home that God had chosen for us....is crazy, miraculous, and takes our breath away still when we look back on it...And being in our role of mom and dad is my favorite. I adore watching Matt with Nella. It melts me. He is the only one who can make her giggle so hard! She loves her dada! And me...I am at my most confident and feel comfortable finally in who I am! I am a mama...the role that I always dreamed over and longed for! I love it! I love our family and so look forward to what God has in store of us!


The best has been watching my love grow in his faith with God. I have been apart of Matt finding God, asking Jesus to come into his heart, being baptized, and continue to grow in his faith daily. He has challenged me and we have grown so much together. We are still growing and still learning...but I love our journey so far and cannot wait for what's to come
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: