About Me

My photo
I have the most wonderful Husband who has been my best friend since I was a sophomore in high school. So incredibly blessed to be his wife. God has given us three beautiful children. Nella Grace, Knox Michael, and Crew Matthew. God is good and I am thankful for all He has provided for us!

Monday, July 11, 2011

I'm 13 months!!!!


Nella turned 13 months this past Sunday! It is hard to believe how she has changed so much in such a little time. She is not a little baby anymore and seems to behave more like a big girl! Her look has changed to me as well. I can now see what she will look like as she grows and I can predict what her sweet little face will look like when she grows! She is a blast and we are enjoying every minute with her! I am LOVING being home with her and breaks my heart to think about going back to school! But I know my other kidddos need me too! :)


Nella can take 6 to 8 steps on her own now....but if she is traveling long distances she wants just one finger. It is really sweet and I love how cautious she is about it! She can stand all by herself now, but if she is standing too long she will move to where she can lean on you! I love that she still wants us to be close even though she has all this independence now! She is a very good listener! If we tell her she cannot go upstairs right now, she will stop climbing and come down and the same when upstairs and she wants to go down. She can go down the stairs all by herself now. She has so many words and she continues to pick up a new word each day! Her newest words are: hi, stop (top), no, hot (ot), bird, poof (it goes with a song we sing), night night, up, baby. She will also sign please and thank you! She will get frustrated and want help and begin to cry and we say if you need help Nella say help please. She will stop and sign please. It is the cutest ever! She points to everything and says ooha (which I think means what is it?). She does this all day long as she wants to know more about what things are called. She tries to say ee i ee i oo when we sing Old McDonald had a farm.


Our biggest challenge these past three weeks is hitting herself. We are continuing to be consistent and remind her to be nice to Nella and not hit. We tried distracting her and telling its okay to be frustrated, but she continued to hit. We started sitting her out when she does it three times in a row and it is helping. When she gets done sitting out she will kiss us and we make her sign sorry. She has been doing better and it has not been happening as frequently, but hard to see her hurt herself like that! She tends to hit when we tell her it is not for Nella or she cannot do something like...it seems she is upset with herself.


Little things about her that she is doing this month. She does a surprise face when she does something she wasn't expecting. She loves to hug and kiss everyone and everything. She mimicks everything we do...so funny and makes you think about what you do. On the trip, she mimicked my mom chewing gum and now she does it on command when you ask. She also loves showing you where her tongue is.

We are having a blast and she is growing and changing so much!!!!


HAPPY JUNE!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: